Tuesday 3 May 2011

It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing

Following on from my first post, here's another music themed inspiration.

Two summers ago, the boyfriend and I attended an amazing party hosted by one of his cousins. It was a weekend long affair of camping, food, wine, bloody mary's, kayaking, more wine, dancing, and some great entertainment.

One of the afternoons while we were relaxing in the sun, The Shellac Sisters were spinning out their 78s quite to my delight. Amazing music that you don't get to hear all that often, and from a gramaphone none the less. Swing, Jazz and Big Band beauties from the 1920's to the 1950's. I loved everything about these girls. They dressed the part and were all looking amazing from top to toe.

Image (c) The Shellac Sisters.
I haven't seen The Shellac Sisters anywhere since. However they do gig frequently and I am looking forward to seeing them at Vintage at Southbank Centre this summer.

Check out their site for more info and a vintage swing fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment